(Note: Full Tournament of Champions play resumed starting with the 2022 Summer season. See below for an explanation of our regular season schedule.)
Every weekly trivia event in the Bridgetown Trivia family participates in the Tournament of Champions, giving players and their teams a chance to win cash and prizes.
The twice yearly Tournament of Champions is a way for you and your team to be rewarded for doing something you love! (We assume that’s playing trivia with us….) The winning TOC team takes home $1000 cash!!!
Our Tournament of Champions contests are held in semi-annual seasons:
- Summer (April through August) (**Please note, Summer 2022 is only May through August**)
- Winter (October through February)
At the end of each tournament season, there is a one week Semi-Final event at each venue typically during the first full week of September (Summer) or March (Winter).
Each ToC season culminates in a grand single night event – the Tournament of Champions Finals.
You don’t need to tell your host you want to be in the tournament – every team score is entered automatically. Tournament play and Semi-Finals events take place at your home venue during the season. The Finals are held at a specific venue, which will be communicated to the qualifiers beforehand.
Because you’re the best trivia players in the city, you deserve the best prizes.
- 1st Place: $1000 cash
- 2nd Place: $350 cash
- 3rd Place: $100 cash
- 2nd-to-Last Place: $50 cash
There are THREE paths to qualify for the Tournament of Champions:
1) Become Your Venue’s Champion
For each month during the tournament, the team with the highest total cumulative score at each venue is crowned a semi-finalist for that venue.
For example, during a typical Summer Tournament season each venue will have a team qualify for April, May, June, July and August. Winter season will be October, November, December, January, and February.
The five qualifying semi-finalist teams from each venue will battle to be the one to represent that venue at the Tournament of Champions during a one night semi-finalist showdown, held in September for summer and March for winter.
Teams that are ‘Venue Champions’ start the TOC finals with 10 bonus points!!!
So this is one of the two the best ways to gain a head-start on the competition at the Tournament of Champions finals. (See below)
2) Win a Free Pass
Free Pass Night Winner – During the course of the Tournament of Champions, Free Passes are given away at special one night events held at new Bridgetown Trivia venues, as well as special occasion. You can find out where the next free pass will be here and on our Instagram feed. Keep an eye out! – We never know why, how or when, but new Free Pass opportunities will appear randomly.
3) Highest Seasonal Cumulative score (regardless of venue) — AKA “The Megascore”
- Megascore Team – During the course of the Tournament of Champions, the Leaderboard will be updated monthly for each venue, but at the end of the season the team that has accumulated the largest total score (AKA the Megascore!) will receive an invitation to the finals.
- If they do not already have a 10 point boost for winning a venue semi-final, they will be awarded the same 10 bonus points given to semi-final venue winners.
- If they do also happen to be a venue winner for the season, they will receive another 5 bonus points for a total of 15 to start the finals game!
- Follow us on Instagram and check our website for the latest.
Finally your knowledge of random things pays off…. Let the games begin!